Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Smooth Hair Hack List: My Shortcuts To Manageable Hair

Smooth hair hack searches seem to dominate my google history lately. For some reason, my hair has decided to rebel and has become frizzier than usual. Often times, I just give up and tie it up in a ponytail. On good days though, they're wavy and shiny. But nowadays, bad hair days outnumber the good ones. It's probably due to the moody weather we have recently. The sudden humidity is too much for my insecure hair. I'm also too much of a kuripot to spend on a treatment so I'm resorting to excessively googling "smooth hair hack" for now.

Anyway, I thought I'd share what I was able to find online, and how they worked for me. I found several but I picked out the ones that were easy to do and made use of accessible ingredients.


Smooth Hair Hack 1: Coconut Oil Hair Treatment



Ingredients & Materials: 
Unrefined coconut oil
Hot towel, Shower Cap, or Cling Wrap

Instructions:  Do this treatment while in the shower, before shampooing your hair. Apply coconut oil to the ends of your hair. Make sure to avoid getting some on your scalp, especially if you tend to have oily hair. Afterwards, wrap your hair with the hot towel, shower cap, or cling wrap. Wash your hands with warm water prior so it's easier to do so. I made use of a towel which I soaked first in slightly hot water. (I have a high tolerance for hot temperatures) Then I squeezed as much water as I can out of the towel before wrapping it around my head. Leave the cap/towel/cling wrap on for 30 minutes, then shampoo and condition as usual.

My Review: ♥ ♥ 
I don't think I'll be repeating this smooth hair hack anytime soon. It was difficult to get rid of the kakanin smell. I had to shampoo my hair twice to do so, which in the end negated the conditioning effect of the coconut oil. Another time, I wasn't able to rinse out the oil thoroughly so my hair ended up looking really oily.


Smooth Hair Hack 2: Olive Oil Hair Treatment


Ingredients & Materials: 
Olive Oil
Hot towel, Shower Cap, or Cling Wrap

Instructions:
Same as the coconut oil hair treatment

My Review: ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ 
This smooth hair hack worked better for me than the coconut oil. Olive oil doesn't have an overpowering smell so I only had to shampoo my hair once. The effect on my hair was also lovely, it wasn't oily nor still dry and frizzy. I like how it weighed down my hair a bit, since my hair is a weird combination of being thin/fine and frizzy. The only con about this smooth hair hack that I can think of is that olive oil is too expensive to waste on my vanity.

Smooth Hair Hack 3: Apple Cider Vinegar



Ingredients & Materials: 
Apple Cider Vinegar (You can buy this from almost any supermarket or grocery store)
Water
Small container (for mixing the ACV and water)

Instructions:
Mix 1 part apple cider vinegar to 5 parts water. This time, you apply the solution AFTER you shampoo your hair. No need to use conditioner since this smooth hair hack will already work as an alternative. Apply from scalp up to the ends of your hair using your hands, a tabo, or a spray bottle. Leave on hair for 5 mintues, then rinse hair and towel/air dry. 
My Review: ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ 
My first thought when doing this smooth hair hack was "Ang baho!" The apple cider vinegar smelled like stinky feet! haha! I was apprehensive of not shampooing or conditioning may hair afterwards, but from my research, I've read testimonials that the smell dissipates as the hair dries. I thought I'd try this out to see if it is true, and it was! It was weird. haha! As to my hair, it was shinier, lighter and felt "cleaner" than usual. I've read that it also helps soothes scalp irritations and itch because it's antibacterial, so I guess that's a plus. I liked this smooth hair hack so much because it's convenient (I keep a pre-mixed solution in a spray bottle in my bathroom), it's cheap, and it's effective!

Smooth Hair Hack 4: Egg White Hair Mask



Ingredients & Materials: 
1 egg
bowl

Instructions:
For this smooth hair hack, you need to separate first the yolk from white. Apply egg whites on hair, then leave it on for up to 20 minutes. I've read that you can also use egg whites as a face mask so you might want to do that at the same time.  After 20 minutes, rinse your hair thoroughly. I haven't read anywhere that you need to shampoo afterwards, but I still did because I was afraid of leaving some egg behind that could go bad and stink up my hair. haha!
My Review: ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ 
I only gave this smooth hair hack 3 stars because preparing the egg was too much work. Yes, I'm lazy. haha! It also made my hair shinier and smoother, much more than the ACV smooth hair hack did. But I still prefer that one over this because of its convenience.


No comments:

Post a Comment