Saturday, September 27, 2014

Project Pie Shaw Branch Review


Project Pie Shaw



For a person who's in love with food so much, it's a wonder why I talk about yummy eats so very little. But then again, my blog is only a few posts young, so there's still time to catch up, right? 

Anyway, I thought I'd break this food-blogging hiatus (even though I've only written one before) with a review on my most favorite food in the world, ever since I learned how to chew -- pizza.

Particularly, the ones you can get at Project Pie, Shaw Boulevard.


Now, just a heads up to prevent possible annoyance induced by OC or Grammar-Nazi tendencies. I'll be referring to the establishment as Project Pie Shaw from here on. Despite belonging to a chain and a unified brand, I'll be reviewing branches independent of each other. Just because I want to. And I'm too lazy now to explain so I'll just go ahead with my review.

The menu. You can get this at the start of the line. (Click for a larger view)





LOCATION: ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ 

- I like how it's situated in Shaw. Very easy to spot, no confusing streets for newbies, or geographically-challenged people like me, to get lost into.
- It has a good number of parking spots that they share with B&P and Starbucks, so that's a plus!

Why not 5?
- Shaw is notoriously traffic nowadays. It took us 30 minutes to reach the area when normally (on a really good day) it will only take 10. 

SERVICE: ♥ ♥ ♥  

- The staff of Project Pie Shaw were VERY ATTENTIVE, friendly and accommodating. It made me think if they went through the same training as Starbucks baristas. Expect small talk and friendly chitchat. Oh, and i think it helped that we were the only customers in the store when we came in. It actually caught me by surprise because I haven't expected the novelty of Project Pie to have already died down by now. The staff, too, were surprised to see us enter. Para kaming nag-gulatan. haha! But then, it was 4pm when we arrived so I guess the timing was too alanganin for food this heavy.
- I have also had the experience of going to Project Pie Shaw when it was packed, and their service was consistently good. 
- The staff were really perky and positive, and seem to like what they do. 

Why not 5?
- They need to improve maintaining the cleanliness of the place, particularly, the restroom. We were the only ones there at first, and already the restroom reeked a little. 


PRODUCTS:   ♥  ♥  

My masterpiece: All cheeses except blue cheese, pepperoni, tomatoes, mushroom, ham, BACON!!, cranberries, and an extra layer of mozzarella on top of everything. :D #kilig

My companion's pizza: All cheeses except blue cheese, anchovies, tomatoes, bell pepper, jalapenos, mushroom, ham, and cranberries.


- Let's face it, not everyone has taste buds like Gordon Ramsey. So when it comes to discerning quality in ingredients, I have a caveman's vocabulary for rating them: BAD, MEH, and GOOD. Project Pie Shaw belongs to GOOD. Anything more refined than that, I will no longer be able to articulate it, nor probably notice it. 
- The first two things I notice when eating pizza are the crust and the mozzarella. I think they're two of the most obvious ways to determine if the ingredients used were of cheap quality. That wasn't the case in Project Pie Shaw's pizza. 
- To say that Project Pie Shaw is generous with their toppings is an understatement. I asked if I can get 2 servings of mozzarella because I'm greedy, and Mickey (our server) even suggested putting it on top so it will taste better. You can opt for a double serving of everything, and they probably wouldn't object. I haven't tried that yet and I probably wouldn't, so correct me if I'm wrong. I guess the general rule is if your pizza can still hold it, then pile it on!




Here's a photo of a slice, included here for size comparison.  Please excuse my chipped polish!  It's actually around 30% larger than how it appears in the photo--it's a little bent from being overloaded with toppings. haha!


PRICE:  ♥  

- At P285 per customized pizza, I think the price is well justified by the quality of ingredients they use. I also think it's smart that Project Pie Shaw adapted a DIY option in their pizzas. By letting people customize their own pizzas. If their creations didn't turn out to be that good, people tend to blame themselves for choosing a hodgepodge of toppings that don't go well with each other. haha!

Why not 5?
Because I'm kuripot






THE VERDICT:  ♥  

- Overall, I think Project Pie Shaw is definitely worth a try. The quality of ingredients, the DIY experience, and warm service are compelling enough reasons to do so.

Why not 5? 
- Project Pie Shaw could do better in the upkeep of the establishment, especially the restroom.
- It also has a tendency to get really crowded, especially at the height of their popularity. The first two times we visited Project Pie Shaw, we barely got a table. 

No comments:

Post a Comment